Ingredients for 1 portion:
- 300 gr duck breast
- 5 gr cedar
- 5 gr danish smoked pyramid salt
- 5 gr coriander
- 3 gr thyme
- 3 gr brown sugar
- 10 gr pepper 4 seasons
- 10 ml porcini olive oil
- 4 items of artichokes with stem
- 30 gr. Maltosec
- 10 gr. Mix forest fruits
- 10 ml Gravy sauce
- 5 ml Saba
- 3 gr. Porcini “Special Selection” Ά quality (dehydrated)
Preparation Time: 12 hours of preparation + 20 minutes of instructions
- For the duck
- Clean and dry the breast.
- Put the cedar, the coriander,the smoked salt, the thyme, the brown sugar and the 4 seasons pepper in the mortar. Break them, in order to create one mixture.
- Then, cure the breast in his whole surface with the mortar’s mixture and let it in a cake rack to get drained, on the fridge.
- For the porcini “stones”
- Put in a mixing bowl the Maltosec and gradually pour the porcini olive oilκαι and blend them with a balloon whisk, till the “stones” are created.
- Then, take the dehydrated mushrooms,put them in a blender and sift them, so that only the powder will remain.
- Take the “stones”and in a circular motion cover them them with the porcini powder.
- For the sauce
- Put in a blender 5 gr of the mix forest fruits, the gravy sauce and the Saba and mix them.
- Artichoke in textures (3)
- Use 1 whole artichoke,fire her up with the blowtorch and then cut her leaves.
- Freeze 1 artichoke, cut her in the gravity slicers machine and then fry her.
- Finally, for the artichoke puree, take 2 artichokes, drain them, put them in the thermomix, till they turn into a puree and sift them.
- Decorate with 5 gr mix forest fruits, flowers and sprouts.
Enjoy your meal…
Special credits to Ciel Bar Restaurant for their hospitality
Chef: Dimitris Kotsivos
Love for cooking started at the age of 12.He has worked in restaurants like Ouzo Melathron, 7 seas, in Pomegranate as a Head Chef and right now he is working in Ciel.
Philosophy: “Good raw materials.Good technique and ingredients management, keeping always in mind the need to stay alert in cooking.