Category: Αppetizer – Main dish (according to preference)
(Traditional dish of Epanomi)
Ingredients for 1 portion:
- 120 – 150 gr. 1 tentacle of boiled octopus
- 1 item of eschalot onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 items of sun-dried tomatoes
- 20 gr. piri piri without sugar
- 100 gr. eggplant
- 30 ml tomato vinegar
- 2 items of sweet and sour white onions
- salt (preferable quantity)
- Cacao pepper aniseed-maniguette pepper (preferable quantity)
- 8 items of chilli rings
- fresh radish
- rock chive shoots
- Red vein sorel
- red radicchio
- For the octopus boiling
Preparation time: 1 hour for preparation + 10 minutes for instructions
- For the boiling of an 2-3 kg octopus:
- Brunoise in medium size the eggplant, fry it slightly, until it browns and remove it ton an absorbent paper.
- Chop the sun-dried tomatoes without drain them off, the onion and the garlic and saute in a non-stick pan in moderate heat, until the onion gets soft,without extra oily substance.
- Cut the octopus, add salt and saute with the rest of the ingredients.
- Decrease the heat by pouring the tomato vinegar and add the eggplants as long as the piri piri without sugar. Cook it until it gets frosted, (maybe it needs a little bit of water, depending on the boiling of the octopus), remove the garlic and add the chopped parsley as well as the cacao pepper aniseed-maniguette pepper and lower the heat.
Enjoy your meal….
Special credits to Athos restaurant for their hospitality.
Chef: Giannis Mouladakis
With this recipe, the products of Magna carta, enable us to approach an old recipe from the place that we loved. They enable us
to desconstruct her, to modify her with respect and to offer the homemade
flavour and warmth of a slowly cooked dish, in ala minute instructions.
“Chef is like the marmite…he boils powerfully ideas and quantity in his first steps…as the time passes, half of the liquid is absorbed, settled and