Category: Main Dish
Ingredients for 1 portion:
- 4 items of big scallops
- 40 gr. sesame oil
- 100 gr. butter
- 3 slices of bacon
- 3 gr. Bacon flavour powder
- Salt&Pepper preferably
- Lobster oil preferably
- For the carrot puree :
- 300 gr. carrots
- ground ginger
- orange zest
- orange juice
- xanthan gum
- For the quinoa:
- 50 gr. Mix of quinoa
- 100 gr water
- For the sepia and beetroot Tuile:
- 15 gr sepia
- 15 gr beetroot
- 30 ml olive oil
- 20 gr flour
- 150 ml water
Preparation time: 30 minutes preparation+10 minutes of instruction
- For the swallops:
- Add salt and pepper in the scallops and then saute them in a small pan.
- Add the butter and flip them until they are ready.
- 3-4 minutes are needed.Remove them and put them in a absorbent paper.
- For the carrot puree:
- Boil the carrots for about 10 minutes, until they get soft.
- Strain them, put them in the thermomix and mash them in the speed of 10 for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger, the orange zest,the orange juice and the xanthan gum.
- Mash them again in the speed of 8 for 1 minute and the puree is ready.
- For the quinoa:
- For the powdered bacon:
- Dehydrate the slices of bacon. Put them in the thermomix in the speed of 10 until they become powder.
- Add Bacon Flavour Powder and stir.
- For the sepia tuile:
- Put all the ingredients in the mixer, until they become homogenous.
- Add one spoonful in a small pan and let it bake.
- The same procedure applies to the beetroot tuile by adding the beetroot and not the sepia.
- Final set-up
Enjoy your meal…
SpeciaL Credits to Azur sea food restaurant for their hospitality.
Chef: Manos Gotsoulias
In restaurants since 1999, from Rhodes up to Chalkidiki, with many in-between jobs in hotels and restaurants all over Greece.
From the summer of 2016 up to now in Azur Sea food restaurant, in Chalkidiki.
His motto: “Love for what you ‘ re doing, by selecting the correct raw materials.”