Category: Main course
Preparation time: 1 hour and 20 minutes & execution time: 3 minutes
Ingredients for 1 portion:
- 200 gr. Duck fillet
- 70 gr. Sweet pumpkin cream
- 2 pcs Colorful baby carrots
- 5 gr. Mango Pearls
- 3 gr. Fried onion
- 2 gr. Cacao pepper allspice – raspberry
- 2 gr. Chinese five spices mix (Asia, China)
- 2 gr. Fleur de seul, Guerande I.G.P.
- 400 ml Gravy sauce
For the sauce (500 grammars gel broth):
- We use 2 kg of duck bones, 2 white onions with their skin, 1 carrot with the skin, 1 piece of leek, 1celery, 2 pieces οφ bay leaf, 4 sprigs of rosemary, 4 sprigs of thyme, 10 pieces of peppercorns and then add 2 liters of water and 400 ml gravy sauce.
- Let it boil for 1.5 hour.
- Clean and portion the fillet, marinating it with 5 spices.
- Sauté the fillet in 180ο C.
- Sauté with butter, rosemary and garlic until it reaches 52°C.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes.
For the carrots:
- Blanch for 1.5 minute and cool them down in ice.
- Season with butter, thyme and cacao pepper.
For the sweet pumpkin cream::
- Dilute the sweet pumpkin cream with vegetable stock and aromatic thyme butter.
- Cut the duck fillet in two items of 80 grams.
- Add two quenelles of sweet pumpkin and dots around the plate.
- Place the carrots on the top of the puree along with the fried onion.
- Add the mango pearls in the fillet.
- Pour the sauce that was created in the beginning.
Special credits to SNOB Athens restaurant for their hospitality.
Chef: Konstantinos Akouros