Category: Cold Appetizer
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 20 ml. passion fruit vinegar
- 40 gr. Caesar crumble
- 2 gr. Green olive soil of Chalkidiki
- 10 gr. Red tomato marmelade(San Marzano)
- 10 ml. Ελαιόλαδο με άρωμα καπνού
- 80 gr. Octopus
- 5 gr. Pistachio
- 2 gr. Tomato flakes
- 20 gr. Berry marmalade
- Pea germs
- Edible flowers
- 10 gr. Cow butter
- 2 gr. Beetroot powder
- 5 ml. Olive oil
- 30 ml. Red wine
- 2 gr. Chilly flakes
- 2 gr. Salt
Preparation time: 3 hours & Execution time: 10 minutes
- For the octopus Carpaccio:
- Marinate with passion fruit vinegar, chili flakes, olive oil and red wine for 20 minutes.
- Wrap in a baking paper and bake it in the oven for 1.30 hour in 180 degrees.
- Cut the tentacles and give them a shape by using a cooking ring.
- Add the octopus north and put it in a chiller.
- Remove the cooking ring, apply the smoked flavor olive oil and roll it in the pistachio powder.
- Wrap it and leave it in the fridge. Then, it is ready to be sliced.
- For the rocks:
- Create the rocks by mixing the crumble Caesars with the butter.
- Put them in a baking paper and bake them in 160 degrees for 4 minutes.
- Let them cool down and maintain their shape.
- For the decoration:
- Create a motif with the berry marmalade in the plate.
- Set the octopus Carpaccio and the rocks along with the red wine marmalade (san Marzano).
- Season with the green olive soil of Chalkidiki.
- Garnish with tomato flakes, pea germs and edible flowers.
- Flavor your dish with passion fruit vinegar and smoked flavor olive oil.
We thank Philoxenia and Kukunari Restaurant for the hospitality.
Chef: Chondrolidis Marinos
Motto: Alone, you go fast, together we go far.