Ingredients for 2 portions:
- 100 gr. Radicchio cream
- 24 gr. Nettle cream
- Escargot shells (preferable amount)
- Sweet and sour white onions (preferable amount)
- Truffle caviar (preferable amount)
- For the groats:
- 60 gr. Bulgur coarse
- 100 ml Water
- For the escargots:
- 120 gr. Escargots
- 2 Dry sliced onions
- 1 Chopped clove of garlic
- 2-3 Bay leaves whole
- 12 gr. Double concentrated tomato paste
- 150 ml Red wine
- 2 Chopped green onions
- Salt-Pepper (preferable amount)
- Spicemix del mondo La Spezia (preferable amount)
- Fruit pepper lemon (preferable amount)
- Fresh herbs of our preference(Thyme-Basil-Μint) Preparation Time: 30 minutes execution + 10 minutes instructions
- Ηeat the water and puff up the groats.
- Saute the dry onion with a little bit of olive oil and add the garlic.
- Add the tomato paste for a mellow flavor and reduce the heat by pouring red wine.
- Add the escargots.
- Add salt and pepper as well as the spicemix la spezia .
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Once it is ready, remove it from the heat and add the groats, the fresh onion and the fresh herbs.
For the collard greens:
- Βlanch the collard greens for about 10 minutes, until they become soft.
- Cool them down, stuff them and roll them.
- Steam up the rolled collard greens for 4-5 minutes.
For the radicchio cream:
- Use a blender or a thermomix for the radicchio cream and use a little bit of xantana for the texture.
For the wild greens puree:
- Βlanch a small quantity of endives and sow thistles and use a blender or a thermomix to blend them with the nettle cream.
- Add salt, pepper, zest and juice of a lime.
- Use a little bit of xanthana to improve the texture and sieve them.
For the decoration of the plate:
- Use as a basis of the plate the radicchio cream .
- Add in the plate the rolled collard greens and add next to them the escargot shells with some of the stuffing.
Decorate with sweet and sour white onions, caviar truffle, fruit pepper lemon, puree of wild greens and germs.
Enjoy your meal…
Special credits to Bari Peponi restaurant for their hospitality
Chef: Mike Adamidis
«Suddenly it comes the time that in the restaurant that i started my career, i have to take command of it’s cuisine.»
Motto: «Cooking is passion, journeys and dreams »
The dish is available at the restaurant Bari Peponi, during the whole period of the fast.