Preparation time: 5,5 hours & Execution time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for 1 portion
Ingredients for Salsa Macha:
- 2 Dried peppers Ancho
- 2 Dried peppers Guajillo
- 5 Dried peppers Arbol
- 35 ml Pumpkin seeds oil
- 40 gr. Black garlic paste
- 25 ml Sesame oil
- 140 ml Sunflower oil
- 140 ml Olive oil
- 25 ml Rice vinegar
- 10 gr. Hoja santa
- 3 Crispy bread sheets with carbon
- 20 ml Smoked olive oil
- Blend all the ingredients except for the crispy bread sheets and the smoked olive oil.
- Add them in the bags with the octopus (two tentacles will be needed) and close it in a vacuum.
- Cook in 78 degrees for 5,5 hours and then cool it down in some water with ice.
- Rub the crispy bread sheets into powder, spread some smoke olive oil on the octopus and bread it with black powder.
Ingredients for almond puree:
- 140 gr. Almond
- 70 ml. Almond oil
- 20 ml. Balsamic cream with soy & ginger
- 10 gr. Muscovado sugar
- 40 gr. Sepia
- Boil the almonds for 20 minutes in salty water.
- Blend it with the rest of the ingredients.
Ingredients for black beans puree:
- 200 gr. Black beans
- 60 gr. Μole Sauce
- 20 gr. Panca chili paste
- 10 gr. Jasmine tea
- Make 1L of water with the Jasmine tea.
- Get it strained and boil in that water the black beans.
- Get it strained and add the mole and Panca paste.
- Blend them with the almond puree.
- Blend both mixtures together and then use a sieve.
Ingredients for Yuca carbon:
- Cut yuka in small pieces like small coals and boil it in 2L of water along with sepia and the black color.
- Get it strained and spread it in a dehumidifier for 3 hours in 50 degrees.
- Use oil to fry them in medium heat.
Ingredients for Recado negro:
- 100 ml mayo
- 12 items.of dried Ancho peppers
- 50 gr. Black garlic flakes
- 8 gr. Szechuan pepper
- 4 Carnation
- 25 gr. Avocado leaves
- 30 gr. Panca chili paste
- 15 gr. Cumin
- 70 ml Espelette pepper vinegar
- 15 gr. Fleur de sel
- Blend all the ingredients.
- Add on the plate a touch of the sepia, the black olive soil, the yucca and add on top of it the tentacle.
- Add the puree quenelle to the dish and on the top of the octopus add bullets of recardo negro.
- Finish the decoration by adding some edible flowers.
Special credits to Coyoacan restaurant for their hospitality.
Chef: Dimitris Fetsis