Category: Main course
Preparation time: 1 hours (8-10 hours of baking) & Execution time: 8 minutes
Ingredients for 5 portions:
- 2.5 kg Leg of a lamb
- 300 gr. Baby potatoes
- 200 gr. Artichokes with stem
- 200 gr. Onions in aceto balsamico
- 80 gr. Mint & rosemary marinate
- 200 gr. Gravy sauce
- 30 ml Saba grape syrup
- 120 ml Canola oil with butter flavor
- 100 ml Spice oil green herbs – garlic
- 30 gr. Spicemix del mondo Mediterrane
- 20 gr. Fleur de sel (flower of salt)
- 15 gr. Arabiatta Season pepper
- 10 gr. Black garlic flakes
- 10 gr. Crumble truffle-balsamic
- 20 gr. Pepper 4 seasons whole
- 20 gr. Salt
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 items of onions
- 2 items of carrots
- For the lamb:
- Marinate it with the spicemix Mediterrane and let it for 2 hours.
- Sear in canola oil with butter flavor.
- Add in a baking dish the lamb, the onions, the carrots, the garlic cut in half, 2 L of water and season with the fleur de sel.
- Cover the baking dish with baking paper and tin foil.
- Bake in the wood stove for 8-10 hours in 130 degrees.
- Create a mixture with the mint & rosemary sauce and the gravy sauce and glaze the meat per hour with that mixture.
- For the potatoes:
- Cut them in order to give them the shape of a fan ( hasselback potatoes )
- Marinate with canola oil, spice oil green herbs-garlic and 4 seasons pepper whole.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes in 180 degrees.
- Glaze it again, add black garlic flakes and finish the cooking by placing it in the oven for 10 minutes in 200 degrees.
- Put the lamb in the oven for 3 to 4 minutes in 250 degrees in order to get a golden color.
- Cut the artichokes in the middle and season with arrabiata season pepper, olive oil and flower of salt.
- Bake the artichokes in the grill for 2 minutes and season them with the crumble truffle-balsamic.
- Sauté the onions in aceto balsamico along with the grape syrup and serve them separately in bowls.
- Add the husselback potatoes, the black garlic flakes and the flower of the salt.
Enjoy your meal…
Special credits to Ktima Likno estate for their hospitality.
Chef: Lydia Granouzi