Category: Main dish
Ingredients for 2 portions:
- Guinea flow
- 200 gr. Whole chestnuts
- 80 gr. Onions
- 360 gr. Butter
- 20 gr. Pepper vinegar(Espelette)
- 1 bough of rosemary
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 allspice granules
- 2 pieces of pink
- 500 gr. Dark broth
- 500 gr. Gelatin wine Passito
- 20 gr. Dehydrated shiitakes
- 5 gr. Fresh truffle
- 1 kg potatoes
- 150 gr. milk
- 5 gr. Fleur de sel I.G.P.
- 1 gr. nutmeg
- 30 gr. Olive oil
- 40 gr. onion
- 10 gr. garlic
- 200 gr. Fregola Sarda piccola
- 50 gr. Nduja
- 100 gr. White wine
- 250 gr. Chicken broth
- 100 gr. Variety 8 species of mushrooms (trifolati)
Preparation time: 60 minutes & Execution time: 50 minutes
- For the stew chestnut:
- Glaze with a little bit of butter the onions of the stew in a small pot until they caramelize and then reduce the heat by pouring pepper vinegar and red wine.
- Let half of the liquids evaporate and add the chestnuts.
- Add the chicken broth, the cinnamon, the spices and the rosemary.
- Cover the pot with its top and reduce the heat for about 25 minutes.
- For the potato puree:
- Bake the whole potatoes in the oven and once they are ready, clean them and use the hand grinder.
- Add 300 gr of butter in pieces and stir the mixture.
- Add 150 gr of milk and once it is heated add Fleur de sel and nutmeg to improve the flavor.
- For the wine sauce with truffle and mushrooms:
- Add in a pot the dark chicken broth that we you have made (demi glace) in a medium heat
- In another pot add the wine gelatin to melt in a medium heat.
- Once the half amount of the liquids evaporate, mix them together and add the mushrooms.
- Let it froze and homogenize the sauce with 20gr cold butter (remove it from the heat).
- For the filling of guinea flow:
- In a medium heat and pot, add the olive oil, the onion, the garlic and the nduja. Saute them until they get a colour.
- Add the fregola and reduce the heat by pouring white wine.
- Once half of the liquid evaporates, add the broth and the mushrooms and cook them for about 20 minutes.
- Once the filling has dried up, put it in a gastronorm to cool down.
- For the quinea flow:
- Remove the bones from the quinea flow, add salt-pepper and add the filling equally on the surface.
- Tie the quinea flow with a string in the aliquot points, so that it won’t open.
- Warm up the oven in 185 degrees and use the air fryer to bake it on a grating for 25 minutes.
- Once it is ready, cut the string and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut it and serve it out.
- Add fresh truffle on the top of it.
Enjoy your meal…
Special credits to Stinking Bishop for their hospitality.
Chef: Dimitris Agapitos