Category: Main dish
Ingredients for 1 portion:
- 200 gr. fresh tuna fillet
- 1 small celeriac
- 100 gr. fresh peas
- 50 gr. green asparagus cream
- 100 ml carrot juice
- 10 gr. Spice oil curry ginger
- 10 gr. Spice oil green herbs-garlic
- 10 gr. parsley
- 10 gr. dill
- 10 gr. Spicemix del mondo takoyaki
- 1 gr. gellan gum
- 300 ml milk
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 50 gr. Soya & black pepper sauce
- 12 gr. blueberry pearls
- 2-3 peas shoots
- 10 gr. sea salt
- 10 gr. pepper black “Lampong” whole
- Edible flowers (preferable amount)
Preparation time: 1 hour & Execution time: 7 minutes
- For the tuna:
- Batter the tuna with spicemix takoyaki.
- Spread with a pastry brush the tuna with spice oil herbs-garlic at the edges of it and then at the same place add the parsley and the drill.
- Saute in a pan for 1 minute at each side (it may take less than a minute depending on the fillet)
- For the celeriac puree:
- Clean and cut the celeriac into cubes.
- Add it in a pot along with milk, dairy cream, salt, pepper and boil them in a low heat for 40 minutes.
- Remove the celeriac pieces and place them in the blender along with 100ml of their broth and mix them.
- For the peas cream:
- Add in a blender the fresh pea, the asparagus cream, salt and pepper and blend them for 2-3 minutes.
- For the carrot coulis :
- In a small pot add the carrot juice, the spice oil curry ginger, the gellan gum and salt and let them reach at a boiling level.
- Remove them and cool them immediately in a good bain marie.
- Place it in a blender and mix it until it becomes a nice cream.
- Serve it out by putting the peas cream and the celeriac. Then add the tuna and the carrot coulis.
- Add the soya&black pepper sauce on the top of the tuna.
- Decorate the dish with pearls and shoots.
Enjoy your meal…
Special credis to Mira restaurant for their hospitality.
Chef: George Floros
Chef de cuisine in Mira since 2016
Μότο: “The harder you work for something the greater you will feel when you achieve it”