Category: Main dish
Ingredients for 1 portion:
- 5 gr Shiitakes
- 60 gr pond scum green noodles
- 30 gr passion fruit vinegar
- 8 gr. Black garlic jam
- 2 gr grounded Galangal
- 4 gr grounded Arrow root
- 50 gr tofu cream
- 2 beetroots
- 8 items of chives
- 300 ml water
- 2 gr garlic powder
- 2-3 Seaweed nachos
- Season pepper seaweed-lemon
- 3-4 edible flowers
- sea salt
Preparation Time: 2 hours & Execution time : 30 minutes
- Blend in mixer or in a food processor the tofu cream, the Arrow root, a little bit of season pepper seaweed-lemon and the garlic powder.
- Use a rubber spatula to pour the mixture in a non-stick pan, in a moderate heat.
- Mix the mixture, till it becomes homogenous.
- Cut the chives in 6 cm.
- Use a film to spread the mixture in a rectangular shape, so that the chives can fit in the film.
- Wrap the film, so that the chives will be in the center and put the ballotine in the fridge for 2 hours.
For the broth
- Add water, one beetroot and Galangal in a blender.
- Use the cheesecloth for the broth.
- Boil the broth in a high heat and once it is boiled, turn off the burner, add the Shiitakes and blend.
- Cover the broth with a top for 10 minutes.
For the pond scum green noodles
- Add the pond scum green noodles in a boiled water and cook them with salt for 8-10 minutes.
- It is time to decorate our dish !!!!
- Add the black garlic jam in a feeding bottle along with the passion fruit vinegar and “draw” the dish.
- Cut the ballotine in 3 pieces and put them in the middle.
- Add the shiitakes and the beetroot (Paysanne cut)
- Put the pond scum green noodles in two chopsticks.
- Break the seaweed nachos on the top to make the dish more crispy.
- Decorate the dish with edible flowers and add a little bit of season pepper seaweed-lemon.
- In the end, pour the broth.
Enjoy your meal…
Special credits to AVIT restaurant for their hospitality.
Chef: Simon Farchat
Oct 2018 – To day Head Chef/Co owner @ Avit Cafe Glyfada
Sept 2017 – May 2018 Head Chef and Co Owner @ Avit Pop Up and Worshops + South east Asia / working and travelling project
April 2015 – July 2017 Sous Chef @ La Formagerie / Chef Alesandro Grano
Sep 2013 – Feb 2015 Demi Chef And then promoted to Chef De Partie @ Spice Market / Chef Jean Georges • Jan 2013 – August 2013 Commis Chef @ Brassiere Blanc / Chef Raymond Blanc
Motto: “For a Better Self For A Beautiful Planet”.