Category: Main dish
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- Beef bavette cut in cubes 1000 grams
- Gravy sauce 200 grams
- Puebla mole sauce 200 grams
- Polenta 150 grams
- Ground parmigiano 100 grams
- Fresh thyme 10 grams
- Cajun breading 200 grams
- Flour-egg for the batter
- Olive oil
- Salt pepper
- Parmigiano cream 180 grams
- Sour cream 50 grams
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
- Salt and pepper the beef and sauté it well on bith sides
- Add the gravy sauce and keep it on high heat for about 10 minutes, then add the puebla mole and let the sauce thicken.
- Place the polenta in a pot and slowly add boiling water, until the mixture starts to look like a thick potatoe puree.
- Then, add the parmigiano cream, the thyme, salt and pepper and stir well. Spread the product on a baking tray and allow it to cool down and thicken, so that you will be able to cut it in cubes, cover it with the Cajun breading mix, according to the classic procedure of ”flour-egg-breading”.
- Once the procedure is finished, fry the breaded polenta in olive oil until it starts to get a golden colour.
- In a small pot warm up the heavy cream and then add the parmigiano cream. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Serve it on a plate, placing on one side the beef and the fried polenta on the other. Add the parmigiano sauce in the middle and finish with a little freshly-ground pepper.