Category: Main course
Preparation time: 120 minutes & execution time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 4 big Octopus tentacles
- 120 gr. Japanese Flower Marinade
- 90 ml Grape syrup
- 60 ml Jerez vinegar
- 250 gr. Hummus
- 100 gr. Chickpeas
- 40 gr. Ηumus di mare (anchovy, hazelnut)
- 20 ml Hazelnut oil
- 45 gr. Spicemix del mondo Medina
- 20 ml Natural lemon juice
- Sea lettuce powder
- Salt, Pepper, Sugar, Sunflower oil
- Add the tentacles of the octopus along with the Japanese flower marinade in a saucepan and cook them on low heat for about an hour and a half to two hours.
- In a small saucepan add the grape syrup and the Pedro Ximenez vinegar and let them boil until they become homogenous and a thick glaze is formed. With this thick mixture, glaze the octopus tentacles once they are ready.
- Add in a bowl the hummus, the hummus di mare (hazelnut anchovies), the spicemix del mondo Medina, the fresh lemon juice, the hazelnut oil, the salt and the pepper and beat them with a hand blender until a smooth cream is created.
- For pickled chickpeas:
- Add in a saucepan 30 ml Pedro Ximenez, 30 ml grape syrup, salt and a little sugar.
- Once it boils, add half of the boiled chickpeas and turn off the heat.
- Finally, let them cool down.
- For the fried chickpeas:
- In a saucepan add some sunflower oil and as soon as it heats up, add the rest of the boiled chickpeas and fry them for a few minutes until they become crispy.
- Once they are ready, get them drained on an absorbent paper and salt them.
Special credits to CONCEPT company for their equipment contribution.