Category: Main dish
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 2 duck breasts
- Whole Chestnuts 350 grams
- Heavy cream 250 ml
- Chinese five spices mix 35 grams
- Port Wine 500 ml
- Brown Sugar 500 grams
- Gravy sauce 220 grams
- Fregola Sarda piccola 300 grams
- Quince Paste 100 grams
- Olive oil 500 ml
- Persian Bleu Salt to taste
- Cacao Pepper Aniseed – Maniguette Pepper to taste
- Pepper black “Lampong” whole to taste
Preparation time: 2 hours
- Season the duck with the chinese five spices mix and the Persian Bleu Salt .
- Place it in a cooking pan and add olive oil until the duck is covered.
- Cook in the oven at 80 degrees for about 1 hour and 30 minutes until the duck’s interior reaches a temperature of 75 degrees.
- Remove the duck from the oil and sauté it on a medium to high heat on its skin side until it becomes crisp.
- Finally, cut the breasts in half and serve.
- For the chestnut purée:
- For the Port sauce:
- In a small pan place the sugar, Port wine and gravy sauce on a low heat until the mixture reduces and becomes thick.
- Fot the Fregola Sarda piccola:
- inside a frying pan sauté with olive oil and add water inportions until it becomes soft.
- Cool it down by spreading it on a pan
- Then fry it until it becomes crisp
- Finally, add προσθέτουμε Persian Bleu Salt and pepper.
- Cut the Quince Paste in cubes, decorate with some cacao pepper and serve.